Wednesday, September 22, 2010

where do I get me one of those face masks?

Whoa! I'm so excited! It's not everyday the marketing for a "Grammy-winning, Platinum-selling [sic]" band specifically targets me and my punctuation pedants demographic.
For there is no way this will appeal to anybody but us steely-eyed grammar nerds:

Looks like we got ourselves one of those *intellectual* bands - showing the mettle of their metal to become a geek crossover hit. After all, they did name one of their songs "Wherein Lies Continue" - I'm not sure if that's grammatically sound, or what it means, but it sure does sound brainy.

As for the poster, they must of been inspired by this t-shirt. And the DVD they're selling must tell the moving story of how the Loch Ness monster swims to France, frenchifies his name, and produces a whole brood of .... Nesses.

7 comments:

  1. Incroyable stuff, JEM. Grammar nerds who were previously terrified by Slipknot's communications will be converting in their thousands after seeing this.

    Oh, and perhaps the world's woolly, wasted snowboarders have been saying "[sic]" rather than "sick" the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why yes, now you point it out, it's obvious! They're [sic]ophants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - my grammar nerd daughter actually owns that tee-shirt! I x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous! I MUST meet this woman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughter in question here - afraid I moved to France along with Nessie :) I can't take credit for the t-shirt though, it was bought for me by the other daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow - a whole FAMILY of fabulousness! Still, knowing Iris, not surprising...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo luv you too JEM xxx

    ReplyDelete