Sunday, October 31, 2010

you saw a banana?! split!

This is not technically a billboard, but it was on the back of my bus ticket, so it *is* an image I saw on my way home: Ew, what bad taste fruit! (geddit?) As running away screaming "don't get fresh with us!" (geddit?) doesn't really shout "attitude", I take it the tag line is referring to Mr Banana.
So they want us to buy their products because they're made with dirty old man bananas?
Funnily enough, I have no appetite no more.
Though I guess it is a *flasher* banana (geddit?).

4 comments:

  1. That ad is just wrong. I'm gonna have nightmares now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mashed the bananas for a loaf last night zealously and without mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew! I feel dirty after seeing this ad. I'm not sure I can eat bananas again. How could they think this would be an acceptable ad??? and this is beside the point but what is it even advertising?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a smoothie place? I can't remember, and figured not to give them more publicity, that's why the rest of the ad (just words on white background) is not in the picture. Don't blame the bananas for their bad press! Some of my best friends are bananas and they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete